Business Development & Project Coordination Consultant
Bilingual natural communicator and technology specialist offering proven organising and coordinating skills with extensive, worldwide and multicultural experience.
Event Organiser Hong-Kong 2006
Hong-Kong Accueil: Francophone Welcoming Association in Hong-Kong
- Welcome the francophone families in Hong-Kong and organise activities for them.
Administrative Officer Singapore 2005
Singapore American Community Action Council (SACAC) Counseling & Community Programme
- Assisted the non-profit organization in all the following areas: help those in need through Counselling, Community support, social work fields, Adoption and Adoption Home Study reports, Mental Health, Child and Teen services, seminars, workshops and forums.
- Worked with clients intake and their ongoing 1-to-1 sessions with the Psychologists.
Business Development Manager Singapore 2004 - 2005
Asian Tigers K. C. Dat (S) Pte Ltd – International Relocation Company
- Corporate Marketing Manager of over 50 Francophone accounts in Singapore.
- French speaking Customer Service and Public Relations Representative.
- Sales Consultant and Pre-move Surveyor to the families leaving Singapore (volume estimation).
- Liaison with the Asian Tigers KCDAT’s overseas moving partners around the world.
Consultant United Kingdom 2004
Thomas Cook – Leader for travel solutions in the UK and worldwide
- Sold holidays and travel solutions to customers in the travel office and via telephone.
- Advised customers on various travel destinations around the globe.
International Delegate United Kingdom 1997 - 2002
Nortel Networks – Leader in telecommunication equipment worldwide.
- Represented Nortel at 31 forums across the world and presented over 100 papers.
- Influenced and progressed telecoms standardisation in 12 different standards groups.
- Wrote detailed follow-up reports with executive summaries.
Systems & Standards Strategy
Engineer United Kingdom 1997 - 2002
- Shared data with 9 departments in 7 countries & reported to multi-level management.
- Supervised and project managed the overall product compliance process for Nortel.
- Coordinated across 7 departments the production of 2 large 3G overview documents.
- Developed a new telecoms service supported by 2 patents and 3 specifications.
Training Course Coordinator United Kingdom 1999 - 2002
- Volunteered to participate in an outbound programme, giving positive feedback, coaching and mentoring 8 pupils aged 15-16 years old, from a local school.
- Volunteered to organise the following course, supervised 5 participating Nortel staff and produced a 38 pages instructional guide for use by organisers in subsequent years.
Information Sharing Facilitator United Kingdom 2000 - 2002
- Initiated & organised information sharing sessions for departmental training purposes.
Project Engineer United Kingdom 1996
British Petroleum Chemicals – Leader in the Oil & Gas industry worldwide.
- Investigated savings on 4 chemicals for BP’s US$1 billion procurement challenge.
- Coordinated a team of 3 for a feasibility study of a demineralised water plant.
TEFL (Outstanding Pass) United Kingdom 2004
TEFL – Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, obtained in Oxford. Can use and adapt the same techniques to teach French as a foreign language.
Certificate of CPD United Kingdom 2003
Professional management course focussing on Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in association with the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
MEng in Mech. Eng. (1st class) United Kingdom 1997
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Strathclyde.
Nominated to 7 competitions. Awarded with 5 prizes, including ‘Best Research Project’ from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and ‘Engineering Student of the Year 1997’.
Certificate of Russian Russia 1995
St-Petersburg State Technical University Engineering and Russian language course.
Baccalauréat Série C (Distinction) France 1992
A-Level equivalent: Maths, Physics, Biology, French, English, Russian, Geography, History.
Computer: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail, Web Page Design.
Engineering: Mechanical Eng. Principles, Telecoms, Wireless networks, Mobile phones.
Media Editing: Studio DV, Quark Express, Frame Builder/Maker, photo albums, special occasion card making.
Languages: Bilingual French / English, good Russian (spoken, read & written).
World Travels: Have lived in France, Scotland, Russia, England, Singapore and Hong-Kong.
Have visited over 40 countries since 1980.
Marketing & Photography Singapore 2002 – 2005
Association Française de Singapour – Produces a French magazine 5 times a year.
- Obtained sponsorship contracts with local and foreign advertisers for the magazine.
- Published numerous photos: Association’s activities, Singapore visits & Asian travel.
- Sharing multicultural experiences via independent travel and voluntary work.
Imagineering Club Tutor United Kingdom 2004
- Introduced 12 pupils (age 9-10) from a local school to basic engineering principles.
- Conducted French conversation practice.
& Committee Organiser UK & Singapore 1999 - 2004
Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) – Promotes the engineering profession worldwide.
- Honorary Secretary (03/04): wrote minutes & communicated with the IEE members.
- Honorary Treasurer (01/02): Set budget, wrote business plan & managed 2 accounts.
- Organised technical lectures and visits for engineers; presented the IEE to universities.